The results are in:
- Most Species Counted by Team - Wandering Totalers, with 141 species, followed closely by the U-terns with 134 species, and the Silent Siskins with 111 species.
- Most Funds Raised by a Team - Elder Birds, with $4,335.43 raised, followed very closely by the Wandering Totalers at $4,332.73, and the U-terns with $2,111.93.
The members of the 1st place winners will receive their choice from a collection of photographic prints by Gerry Tiejte, we will be contacting the winners shortly regarding how to collect the winning prizes!
Thank you to everyone that participated in the 2021 Birdathon!
2020 Backyard Birdathon
- The Too Tired Birders - 84 species seen, including Greater Yellowlegs, Nuttall’s Woodpecker, Northern Rough-winged Swallow, Orange-crowned Warbler and a Glaucous-winged Gull.
- The Wandering Totalers - 132 species seen, including a Bell's Vireo, Lawrence's Goldfinch, Ladderback Woodpecker, Pine Siskin, Bullock's Oriole, a Gray and Hammond's Flycatcher, and a secretive Screech Owl seen at Silverwood.
- The U-terns (SDAS staff) - 99 species seen, including a Western Tanager, Western Screech Owl and Northern Flicker.