The 2014 San Diego Bird Festival's Family Day is a fun-filled day of bird-related crafts, performances, and outdoor learning experiences for children and adults alike!
Bring the whole family to ignite a fascination with birds that will last a lifetime! We've prepared a special day, packed with introductory and more advanced birding experiences.
No pre-registration is necessary for Family Day events, however, some field trips and workshops have limited availability. Families may sign up for these events in the registration room on the day of the event, on a first come, first served basis. A full schedule of events is available on the Bird Festival website.
- Drop by our art & craft space to express your love for birds with Family Adventures in Nature.
- In our storytime room, talented readers will share their love of birds through great stories, old and new.
- You can see live birds up close with Project Wildlife, Wild Wonders, and Living Coast Discovery Center.
- We will host a limited number of family field trips to local birding areas, including a kayaking experience sponsored by Hobie, and coastal bird watching walks.
- The bird nerds in your family will enjoy the "Big Sit," where professional birders will be on hand to point out the birds in nearby San Diego Estuary and the Quivira Basin.
- There will be guided walks, games, workshops, and a raffle for great prizes.
Marina Village Conference Center
1936 Quivara Way, San Diego, 92019
The 2014 SD Bird Festival's Family Free Day is made possible by SDG&E.